- Summary of Available Grants Use the Summary of Available Grants to see which best suits the needs of your business!
- Organization Eligibility
Only organizations that contribute to the Workforce Training Fund are eligible to take part in WTFP grant programs. All for-profit companies in Massachusetts contribute as do some non-profits. Non-profits that select the contributory method to finance Unemployment Insurance are eligible. Non-profits that select the reimbursable method are paying a discounted rate that does not include contribution to the WTFP and therefore are not eligible. No federal, state, or local government entities contribute and therefore are not eligible to take part in any grant funded training.
Department of Revenue Certificate of Good Standing All businesses requesting grants or training funded by any Workforce Training Fund program must provide a valid Certificate of Good Standing from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (not to be confused with a Certificate of Incorporation), issued within the last six months. Use the link above for more information and to apply for a Certificate of Good Standing.
- FY20 Annual Report
- FY19 Annual Report
- FY18 Impact Highlights
- FY18 Impact Highlights: Single pages for printing
- FY18 Annual Report
- FY17 Annual Report
- FY17 Impact Highlights
- The Southcoast Chamber of Commerce– The Chamber convened a small group of CEOs and business owners from a range of industries called the CEO Roundtable. They shared a common goal: learn the necessary skills to develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Home For Our Troops- Home For Our Troops needed to stream-line processes and build more specially-adapted homes per year while maintaining its solid reputation with Veterans, funders, sponsors and partners.
- Asahi America– Asahi was entering new markets and needed to be responsive to market demands. The company’s five year plan highlighted the need to improve processes and increase efficiencies in production. The company developed a new tool as a result of the training.
- Rail Trail Flatbread– Rail Trail needed to develop their staff in order to expand and add new locations.The restaurant implemented Open Book Solutions (OBS) which teaches financial literacy, entrepreneurial and industry best practices. The training empowered staff to participate in the day to day operations of running a business, and share significantly in new profits generated.
- Insulet Corporation– Training in continuous improvement, leadership skills, root cause analysis, technical writing and auditor training helped Insulet keep up with the demands of a growing company while assuring high levels of product quality. They increased efficiencies in production and added over 100 new employees.
- Home Market Foods – Training in workplace ESOL for bilingual speakers, lean process improvement, and leader effectiveness training allowed them to increase output while improving efficiency. They reduced labor costs by 3% per pound which resulted in a 3% wage increase for trainees.
- North Middlesex Savings Bank – Training in lean manufacturing allowed them to more effectively manage their workforce and add resources where needed, such as 6 newly created positions. They reduced turnover by nearly 20%.
- BionX – Training in lean manufacturing allowed them to scale their business and expand capabilities by eliminating waste and improving efficiency. As a result, four new full time employees were hired.
- Blount Fine Foods – Training in communication and leadership, microbial awareness and HACCP Certification allowed them add 114 new jobs, reduce production waste and exceed their sales projection.
- Cerebral Palsy of Massachusetts – Training in time management and presentation skills led to improved productivity, reduction in errors, and the creation of 11 new jobs.
- Commodore Builders – Training in conflict management and negotiation skills led to a significant reduction in project time and improved profitability, resulting in the creation of 54 new jobs.
- Kayem Foods – Training in leadership development, workplace ESOL, and quality assurance dramatically increased employee retention and customer satisfaction.