SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: After extensive development and testing, Commonwealth Corporation is pleased to implement a new application process for the Workforce Training Fund General Program Training Grant, effective September 1, 2016. The new on-line application is cloud-based and integrated with program databases allowing for a smarter, more flexible application. The new system reflects Commonwealth Corporation’s commitment to continually improving our programs in order to increase access to training resources and maximize operational efficiency, while maintaining a customer-centric focus.
Resulting benefits include:
- Access from any internet-connected location
- Quicker response time
- Greater efficiency for applicants, grant recipients, and program administrators
- Better access to data and documentation to simplify the administration of grants
- A deeper pool of data to enhance program analysis
- More agile process development that allows for incremental improvements
Effective November 1, 2016, applications submitted using the previous format will no longer be accepted. Please contact us at email@example.com or at (617) 717-6955 with questions or feedback.
1. General Program Training Grant Application
Applicants must complete the application form according to the instructions provided. See the General Program Application link below to begin an application. See the Request for Applications link below to review program guidelines and instructions for completing the application.
- General Program Application
- General Program Application Guidelines and Instructions
- Sample Application
- Sample Training Course Description
For each training module, please include a detailed training course description that identifies and describes all topics and subtopics to be covered, the amount of time dedicated to each topic and subtopic, and information on training methodology. This sample format is highly recommended, but any format will be accepted so long as it contains all required information.
2. Technical Assistance Grant Application
Effective January 15, 2016, the following changes will take effect:
- Grants will be awarded for a minimum of $5,000 and a maximum of $10,000
- Grants will not exceed six months in length
- Grants will only be awarded to organizations that are engaged in designing a training plan for a consortium of businesses
At that time we will begin accepting a new Technical Assistance application. Applications anticipated to be submitted on or after Friday January 15, 2016 must be completed using the new online application and associated attachments.
- Technical Assistance Application [PDF]
- Technical Assistance Guidelines [PDF]
- Technical Assistance Narrative Response Questions [DOC](answer and upload to online application)
- Technical Assistance Budget Template [XLS](complete and upload to online application)