Skip to content
At Commonwealth Corporation, we recognize the major implications the COVID-19 virus is having on the organizations we support. We are encouraging Workforce Training Fund grantees to coordinate with their training provider(s) to offer the planned content remotely or through virtual classrooms, if possible. Please email Express@commcorp.org with any questions or concerns.
Notice: Express Program Application Changes Effective January 10, 2020. Please click here for details.
Before starting an Express Program application please ensure that you have the following information and documentation:
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- Massachusetts Department of Unemployment Assistance Identification Number (DUA ID Number)
- A Certificate of Good Standing from the Massachusetts Department of Revenue (SAMPLE Certificate of Good Standing)
- The Course(s) Information from the Express Course Directory
- Contact Information
- Current # of Employees Working in Massachusetts (Total Includes Full-Time and Part-Time)
- A List of All Employees To Be Trained
- Training Start Date (must be at least 4 weeks after an application is submitted)
APPLICATION PROCESS SUMMARY
- Applicants should submit an online application at least 4 weeks in advance of the desired training start date.
- Using the Express Course Directory, identify the Training Provider and Course identification number. This is required for the online application. You are encouraged to research the applicable training provider/course to learn about its reputation, cost and course availability prior to submitting an application.
- Upload a Department of Revenue Certificate of Good Standing (COGS) to your application. Your application will be denied if the incorrect document is uploaded. See a sample Certificate of Good Standing here.
- Upon your submission, you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your completed application for your records.
- Within 3-4 weeks of your submission, you will receive an agreement from Commonwealth Corporation containing the approved start date and authorized reimbursement amount.
- You must sign and return the Agreement prior to the start of training. You will not be reimbursed for any training that begins prior to the date of the Agreement, or prior to returning a signed Agreement.
- At the conclusion of the training course and once you have fully paid for the course, you will submit a Reimbursement Request, along with a copy of an invoice from the training provider and proof that you have paid the provider for the approved course(s).
- Reimbursement Requests will be paid within 30 days of receipt of all required documentation.